5/25/2008

Javamagazin: Polyglot Programming

The current issue 6.2008 of the Javamagazin contains my article about "Polyglot Programming". It deals with the evolution of the Java platform and its trisection in the language itself, the JVM and the APIs/libraries. I talk about standards and approaches unifying the efforts for providing more languages on the VM also dealing with tooling, Closures, Sun Microsystems and the JCP .. as concrete examples I discuss Groovy, JRuby and Scala with IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans and Eclipse. My article is the leading article of that issue. Additionally I'm also "Author of the month" .. thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read your article and it is very interesting and informative.

Cross language inheritance and ide integration was a very interesting point.

The outlook on JSR 292 is interesting too.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

- Pti. ;-)

Michael Hüttermann said...

Thanks !!!