4/21/2010

Agile ALM – Application Lifecycle Management, with Java and Lightweight Tools

My new English book left its long running development stealth mode and is now visible publicity. It is about Agile ALM, and will be published by Manning. What is Agile Application Lifecycle Management? ALM is the intelligent composition of build-, configuration-, change-, test-, quality-, requirements-, integration- and release management. It is a comprehensive approach spanning development phases and project roles, taking care of all artifact types.

Agile ALM
- Is the marriage of business management to software engineering
- Targets processes and tools working together seamlessly, without silos (silos are for farmers!)
- Spans software development life-cycle phases, project roles and artifact types
- Enriches ALM with Agile strategies
- Is based on Software Configuration Management and version control
- Is based on a set of lightweight tools, enabling a team to collaborate efficiently

This book has three main purposes. What is Agile ALM and how can Application Lifecycle Management be rolled out using Agile strategies and best of breed tools? Secondly, what isolated tesserae (toolboxes) can be created for these de facto standard tools for use in advanced, real world use cases? Thirdly, how can we choose the right tools, use them right, and integrate them while applying Agile strategies? These questions are the focus of this book. The book delivers all information you need to implement ALM in an Agile environment, in a single location. This book will enable you to understand and put into practice entire tool chains for automating the builds, tests, and continuous integration of your applications. This book helps you deliver quality applications without wasting time on repetitive tasks, or spending time hunting for a toolbox of strategies and tools.

My book is split into the following chapters:

Part 1 Introducing Agile and ALM
1 Moving to Agile ALM
2 ALM and Agile strategies


Part 2 Functional ALM
3 Implementing Scrum
4 Task-Based Development


Part 3 Integration Management and Releasing
5 Dependency management and releasing
6 Productive development environment
7 Advanced Continuous Integration: Tooling and Recipes


Part 4 Outside-in development and barrier-free development/testing
8 Collaborative development and barrier-free development/testing

I have already completed and submitted the final manuscript end of March. At the moment, Manning is inspecting the manuscript and collects issues they want me to adjust, finally.

Please let me say thank you here: I very appreciate the contributing, reviewing and editing work of about 20 leading experts on the market. Thank you, that you helped me. Much more about that later, too.

There is much more to say of course about this book, and I will do that from now on. I will start now throwing updates about the book (content) itself and the further publishing process, on my communication channels including my blog and Twitter, in short intervals. Please stay in touch!

17 comments:

Enetrprise said...

Thanks Manning for writing the book on agile ALM. As said in the post agile ALM is a knot between business management to software engineering. All the chapters cover detail, descriptive, step-by-step well defined explanation.

get rid of genital warts said...

Glorious put up from professional additionally it should in all probability be an exquisite know-tips on how to us and thank you numerous for posting this valuable information with us all.

Allen Smith said...

I was wondering what is up with that weird gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I’m not trying my finest at that hour
depression treatment, however I hope I don’t look like this! I'd nevertheless make that face if I’m requested to do one hundred pushups. lol

Allen Smith said...

I havent any phrase to appreciate this post.....Actually i'm impressed from this post....the
erectile dysfunction treatment one that create this put up it was an amazing human..thanks for shared this with us.

smith said...

There are a lot of motivating views and opinions. I think that you certainly discovered an significant fact…
cheap adele tickets || cheap lil wayne tickets || cheap foo fighters tickets

Ashley Shaun said...

however I hope I don’t look like this! I'd nevertheless make that face if I’m requested to do one hundred pushups. lol Diwali Wishes In Marathi

Diwali Messages said...

I am New Here,My name is Jesse and this is my first entry here. feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.Thank you for sharing the post.

Franco Luis said...

hi, I read your post and it was amazing , KEEP IT, great job.
ビーグレン

Jean Gibbs said...

It looks like a great fun too...
Amazon Kindle Fire

fathers day wishes said...

I don’t give the impression of being approximating this! I'd on the other hand construct that countenance if I’m demand to birthday messages do single hundred pushups.

NEAL WILSON said...

These concerns are the concentrate of this Fathers Day messages publication. The publication provides all information you need to best wishes messages apply ALM in an Nimble atmosphere, in 1 place.

Khanh Tran said...

I have got many useful information about Agile ALM from this blog. Actually I am searching for such type of blog to manage application life cycle with Java. Keep providing more information. exercise equipment

nisha said...

when anyone need to get most wanted best status for face book he must to join us:
Beststatusforfacebook
Allbestserials
Eurdupoint

neeraj kumar said...

hello friends
happy diwali greetings
thanks

Lucenzo said...

I am New Here,My name is Jesse and this is my first entry here. feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.Thank you for sharing the post.

thanksgiving day 2014 said...

I was wondering what is up with that weird gravatar??? I know 5am is early and I’m not trying my finest at that hour
depression treatment, however I hope I don’t look like this! I'd nevertheless make that face if I’m requested to do one hundred pushups. lol also at Thanksgiving day 2014

Anonymous said...

Hello Friends Watch THe hunger Games 2014
The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1